Wes grew up in Mableton, and after playing baseball at Berry College in Rome, eventually graduated with honors from Kennesaw State University in 2000 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance. After graduation, he began working for a financial company and realized his interest in law. While working full-time, he attended Georgia State University College of Law. In 2007, Wes received his Juris Doctorate, graduating Magna Cum Laude. During law school, Wes was the recipient of many honors including being in the top 10% of his class, and receiving the CALI Award for Academic Excellence (the top student in each class) in Bankruptcy Law, Advanced Legal Research, Consumer Protection, and Family Law Seminar, and received an honor’s designation in Litigation.
Wes’ practice is focused on representing companies in collection matters, business litigation, bankruptcy proceedings, and other general civil litigation. Wes has litigated numerous claims on behalf of clients, including:
- Receiving a favorable ruling on behalf of an HOA client in bankruptcy court which clarified an HOA’s right to receive full payment of its claim when a debtor seeks to “surrender” the property after confirmation;
- Successfully defending a car dealership from multiple claims, including alleged Fair Business Practices Act violations and fraud claims, resulting in a verdict for the dealership after a three day jury trial;
- Receiving a favorable settlement after litigating with several large, national banks after filing a claim on behalf of a client for conversion of certain funds from the client’s businesses;
- Litigating a claim addressing the obligations of an impound facility when claiming storage fees, resulting in a Court of Appeals decision that defined these obligations, and resulting in a successful appeal for a finance company;
- Negotiating hundreds of settlements on behalf of clients, resulting in favorable outcomes for these clients.
Wes is admitted to practice law in the Supreme Court of Georgia, the Court of Appeals of Georgia, the Superior and lower courts in Georgia, and the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia.
Wes and his wife, AngeLeah, live in Powder Springs, GA with their sons Zade and Ty and their daughter, Marlee. He coaches the boys’ baseball teams, and is regarded as “one of the greatest strategic minds in the history of little league.” (Quote from Brian M. Gardiner) His hobbies include playing basketball and golf with his boys and watching his daughter Marlee do girl stuff. He enjoys reading books written by Michael Lewis and Malcolm Gladwell. Wes’ family attends One Baptist Church in Douglasville.